We are, in fact, both related to Pyrates (or “Privateers” as some might say) who sailed, collaborated & died with Blackbeard, Jean Laffite, Stede Bonnet, Peter Easton (and likely others)…along with other very interesting ancestry! “Isn’t it spelled PIRATE”, I hear ye ask; no mate, the original spelling is PYRATE…and we do try to be original!
- Noted & respected Historians & Pyrate Lore experts
- Historical Fictioneers
- Co-founders & organizers of NOLA Pyrate Week
- Purveyors of Pyrate/Historical Photography
- Exclusive hosts for Pyrate Lore & Harbour Walks™ & A Nite O’ Jolly Rogerin’ Pyrate Cruises™
- Founders of the world’s only official Pyrates Union
- More than a half century combined experience in public speaking & education
- …and more – just ask!
We reside on a small island in Port Colborne, Ontario (Canada) – in a building once used to contain explosives. We travel extensively throughout Southern Ontario and Louisiana is our second home. Like any Pyrates, we love to travel and meet new folks in new places!
As “Professional Pyrates”, we provide both education and entertainment – most often at the same time!
- Pyrate History – Facts & Fictions: on the water, in books & films.
- Historical Walks or Presentations
- Songs Of The Sea – Chanteys, Work Songs & Modern Styles (we may, on occasion, be able to provide a Musician or two for an additional charge)
- Pyrate themed games of skill for all ages
- Pyrate/Historical Photography
- Pyrates to host yer event…and encourage donations to yer cause
We can be “encouraged” (for the right price) to attend yer event, TV show, corporate event, promotion…or whatever suits us! We may also be philanthropic Pyrates – and have assisted in raising thousand o’ dollars and provided hundreds o’ hours in manual labour to worthy causes; from wetland cleanups to post disaster rebuilding, community support to honouring fallen heroes.
We can provide ye with unique personalities – live or recorded – for events or other projects that need attention!
To engage us for yer event, or more information – hail the Captain. We welcome working with Schools, Libraries, Museums & Community/Social Groups.
** Please note: we are Pyrates – and do charge for most appearances (though we will negotiate some trade). Rates for full day or longer are negotiable. Travel & expenses may also apply. We do not do children’s birthday parties – though we are happy to support children’s charities, events, schools, libraries & museums.