Elegant and excellent was that Pyrate’s answer to the great Macedonian Alexander, who had taken him; the King asking him how he durst molest the seas so, he replied with a free spirit: “How darest thou molest the whole earth? But because I do it only with a little ship, I am called Brigand: thou doing it with a great navy art called Emperor.” (St. Augustine, City of God, Book IV)
Capt. John Swallow & QM Seika Hellbound; Professional Pyrates…
We are, in fact, both related to Pyrates of old who sailed, collaborated & died with Blackbeard, Jean Laffite, Stede Bonnet & Peter Easton (infamous “Canadian” Pyrate)…along with other very interesting ancestry!
- More than 3/4 o’ a century combined experience in the Entertainment industry
- Noted & respected Historians & Pyrate Lore experts
- Founders of the world’s only official Pyrates Union
- Co-founders & organizers of NOLA Pyrate Week
- Purveyors of Pyrate Portrait Photography
- Exclusive hosts for Pyrate Lore & Harbour Walks™ & A Nite O’ Jolly Rogerin’ Pyrate Cruises™
- Voice Artists
- …and more – just ask!
We reside at the “head of the lake” in the Port of Hamilton (Ontario), travel extensively throughout Southern Ontario and call Louisiana our second home (especially New Orleans & the Bayous o’ South Louisiana). Like any Pyrates, we love to travel and meet new folks in new places!
As “Professional Pyrates”, we provide both education and entertainment:
- Pyrate history, facts & fictions – The Great Lakes, The Open Sea, The Caribbean, Films…
- Songs Of The Sea – Chanteys, Work Songs & Modern Styles (we may, on occasion, be able to provide a complete Pyrate Band for an additional charge)
- Pyrate themed games of skill for all ages (Swab The Deck, Balance The Tankard, Catch The Monkey…)
- Pyrate Photo Portraits
We can be “encouraged” (for the right price) to attend yer event, TV show, corporate event, promotion…or whatever suits us! We may also be philanthropic Pyrates – and have assisted in raising thousand o’ dollars and provided hundreds o’ hours in manual labour to worthy causes; from wetlands cleanups to post disaster rebuilding, community support to honouring fallen heroes.
We can even provide ye with unique personalities or voice-overs for yer video or audio projects!
To hire us for yer event, or more information – hail the Captain. We welcome working with Schools, Libraries, Museums & Community/Social Groups!
** Please note: we are Pyrates – and do charge for most appearances. Rates for full day or longer are negotiable. Travel & expenses may also apply. We do not do children’s birthday parties – though we are happy to support children’s charities, events & schools/libraries. A Pyrate Band may be available at additional cost/expenses.